Sunday 8 August 2010

The day I made a list...

This is my favourite postsecret from the week - go and check them out at www.postsecret.blogspot.com. This secret immediately spoke to me because I love talking to old people. I will often engage strangers in conversation and usually it will be someone old - partly because they aren't threatening and partly because they always have such interesting stories to tell. I volunteer in a charity shop every week and what makes the job so fantastic is that you get to talk to some of the most interesting people. I hear fascinating stories and anecdotes about life. I have also been looking for a retirement home to help out at but so far my search has proved fruitless. I hope something does come up because this secret expresses a desire I have held for a long time. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. old people have different perspective and for most of them, they have become so wise because of their experiences.

    sometimes talking to old people opens me to a lot of possibilities, because of their simple opinions. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one, its so true. I always feel that I'm trying to atone for stuff that the rest of my generation has done - maybe in an attempt to avoid dealing with the stuff which is actually my fault.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome, but remember to keep it clean.