Thursday 24 December 2009

The day before Christmas...

So this is really bad, but, a few weeks ago I was given an award by a very lovely fellow blogger...and I completely forgot about it. Which, though not unforgivable, is still very bad. So a big thank you to Shibby (from www.shibbysthoughts.blogspot.com) for the award. I always find it weird being given blog awards, partly because I have no idea how to respond to positive feedback about AI and partly because I have no idea what to do with them. The rules seem pretty simple though - I have to display the award (check) and list seven personality traits (see below):

1. Sarcastic. It is my fall back - an uncomfortable situation, or just any situation really, and I will be there with some wildly inappropriate quip.

2. Clumsy. My mother would completely agree, the first thing I did upon returning home was spill coleslaw all over (and under) the fridge.

3. Introspective. Of course...this one is pretty obvious, you just need to take a look at my blog for a few minutes to see that I spend a lot of time thinking about myself and my relationship with other people (hopefully more of the second one).

4. Happy. I really am happy, most of the time, and I have reason to be. It might not always be conveyed properly via my secrets but generally I am quite a happy person.

5. Insecure. I relate this one to bravery too, I don't think of myself as someone who is brave...although others who read this might argue otherwise. I hope I am growing and developing a fearlessness that could only serve to strengthen the quality of my secrets.

6. Deceptive. Despite being entirely honest with everyone I post on here (I have never posted a secret that was in any way untrue at that very moment) in my day to day life I lie all the time. Mostly just insignificant harmless lies to entertain myself and to confuse my friends - sometimes bigger lies but hopefully not big enough to hurt other people.

7. Lucky. This one applies more than any of the others. I consider myself to be lucky that I have such a great family and an amazing group of friends. I consider myself lucky for the positive feedback I have had for AI and for this award which, although a little bit late, is greatly appreciated.

So I hope that wasn't too dull to read. When I read blogs that other people write I am always fascinated to hear what they have to say about themselves and to find out a little bit more about each person. However, the format of my blog means that you already know more than enough about me, or at least I think so. Now I need to pass this award onto someone else...this is the really tricky part for me because I don't really know that many other bloggers and I don't read enough blogs to know what is good and what is not. So basically I would like to return this award to someone who has previously nominated me for one, Kelley Anne from http://kaleidoscopicrefrains.blogspot.com/. This is a really lovely blog, with incredible photos and really beautiful clothes. I hope you like it as much as I do. Enjoy!

1 comment:

All comments are welcome, but remember to keep it clean.