Tuesday 16 February 2010

The day there was no valentine...

This is my favourite postsecret from the selection this week at www.postsecret.blogspot.com. Aside from being completely beautiful I was instantly drawn to this secret because of the message. I love how some secrets can unlock in you a truth that you didn't even know existed. I have stayed in contact, to varying degrees, with each of my exes. I have had 4 what you might call semi-serious boyfriends (longer than a couple of months, shorter than a year) and each one represents to me a different stage in my life. I often fool myself into thinking I miss them - in actual fact I think what I miss is the person I was when I was with them or the person they were with me. I am glad to have moved on, hopefully there is some other great relationship waiting for me. Which was your favourite postsecret? Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I did the same thing for a while with a few boyfriends. At first they'd call or e-mail me out of the blue, but then I found them on facebook. I think it was what you wrote about liking who you were when you were with them, but now I'm married and have lost touch with them.

    You really don't hardly wear a coat? I'm impressed/amazed. I think part of my fascination with them is that I never really needed one growing up so they seemed novel (my sister is the same way). But now, I really can't step outside in winter without a coat and a sweater on me:)

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome, but remember to keep it clean.