Wednesday 27 October 2010

The day I remembered you...

I would like to share something with you. It seems crazy that revealing this to you feels somehow more difficult than revealing my secrets each day but for me poetry is a window to the soul. I know people have the same thing with music, movies or books, but for me poetry can move me to tears with only a couple of well placed words. Here is one of my favourite poems and the inspiration for this secret, 'Remember' by Christina Rosetti:

Remember me when I am gone away,
Gone far away into the silent land;
When you can no more hold me by the hand,
Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay.
Remember me when no more day by day,
You tell me of our future that you plann'd:
Only remember me; you understand
It will be late to counsel then or pray.
Yet if you should forget me for a while
And afterwards remember, do not grieve:
For if the darkness and corruption leave
A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,
Better by far you should forget and smile
Than that you should remember and be sad.

5 comments:

  1. beautiful poem indeed. Very sad though, telling something to forget you because you don't want them to be sad.

    if you have some spare time, please show me some love at my blog :) http://stylingdutchman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amelia, I am stunned by your blog. After a really really long time, I have come across a blog so inspiring. Thanks for sharing the "secrets". They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for much for these lovely comments, it is always fantastic to know that people can connect to what I'm doing.

    It means so much to me.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome, but remember to keep it clean.